National Scientific Laboratory accredited for technical competence in the Republic of Kazakhstan accreditation system for compliance with the requirements of ST RK ISO / IEC 17025-2007. Accreditation certificate number KZ.I.02.1138 from 23.02.2016.
The main goals of the National Laboratory activities are composed in:
-Reaching the advanced level of scientific research and efficient use of material, technical and human resource capacity through the provision of open access to research-based lab for domestic and foreign scientists, regardless of their departmental affiliation and ownership of scientific organizations in which they work on a permanent bases;
-Analytical and scientific support of the R & D carried out by domestic and foreign scientists;
-Expansion of the field of research by using modern high-performance equipment that will serve as a basis for the development of competitive technologies for hydrocarbon and mining sectors and their related service industries.
Scientific and production communications:
LLP “Regional industrial technopark” Aktobe”; JSC “Aluminium of Kazakhstan”; LLP “Corporation Kazakhmys”; TOO “Metallurgical Plant” Zhanatas”; NGO «Kazcopper»; LLP “ALPET”; LLP “Celso”; Institute of Metallurgy and Materials named after Baykova (Russia, Moscow); Egoryevsky Technological Institute (branch) GOU VPO MSTU “STANKIN”; Institute of Physical and Technical Problems of Materials Science of the Republic of Kirgyzstan.
Methods of researches:
- Carrying out research and development studies in the field of metallurgy and materials science;
- Metallographic analysis of metals, alloys, coatings;
- Mineralogical analysis;
- Scanning electron microscopy, microanalysis;
- Determination of the chemical composition of dry and liquid samples using X-ray fluorescence analysis;
- Determination of the chemical composition of the dry samples using spectral analysis;
- Determination of chemical composition in an accredited laboratory;
- X-ray analysis;
- FTIR analysis;
- Thermal analysis;
- Materials testing tensile, compressive and flexural strength at room temperature;
- Test of materials to rupture at temperatures up to 1000 ° C.;
- Determination of alloy hardness by Vickers and Brinell;
- Phase determination microhardness of alloys, materials, coatings;
- Heat treatment of samples;
- Grinding tests.
Download the catalog of equipment.
The list of services and the price list can be found here.
The laboratory is organized by combining the previously functioning in the structure of JSC “IMB” laboratories:
- Laboratory of physical metallurgy;
- Laboratory of chemical analysis;
- Laboratory of physical methods of analysis;
In laboratory work 33 people, including 8 candidates and 2 doctors of science.
050010, city of Almaty,
ul. Shevchenko, ug. Valikhanov street, 29/133,
Tel. (reception): +7-727-298-45-02; +7-727-298-45-03
Tel. (laborotory): +7-727-298-45-52, +7-727-298-45-48,
8 707 2005 -8-25, 8 776 2005-8-25